Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Taking up Crochet: New Hobby? Maybe ...


Sitting idle is not really my forte. Since I have been feeling so discouraged to craft, I have decided to officially take some time off. Life has unsettling ways of distracting us but we have to keep the ball rolling. While the buzz is ongoing and till we find a solution, I am going to take up a new hobby.

This is one I have thought of adopting every now and again. The problem was always: I need some one to teach me...it's complicated. However, I have come to learn that in life, you are your own teacher and your own student. Self-sufficiency goes a long way. So, I dove into the vast expanse of the internet, I threw the line and now have caught the fish, so to speak. I have found a wonderful website that has instructions and videos on how to crochet for beginners. Visit this site here.

Anyhoo...Let's see how it goes. When it comes to crochet, I really need an instructable for dummies kind of thing. But, I'll make do with this one :)

So far, I have learnt how to make the basic chain stitch (it's the easiest I guess). Now moving on to the single crochet stitch. This one seems to be a little complicated. Off to learn it now...will keep you all updated!






No comments:

Post a Comment